Following Lucy & Ash on their journey from devoted 'sugar junkies' to coconut loving, photograph clicking, NSNG advocates!

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Broccoli & Stilton Soup with Crispy Bacon Croutons

Today's lunch was inspired by my good friend Pauline. Last week she told me that she makes soups without using stock or bouillon (I would never have entertained the idea!) and given the heavy workload I have this week, I wanted something I could quickly whip up that would provide enough to provide me with a few 'working lunches'!

Ash had made a point of telling me how much broccoli we have and when he starts to think we have too much, we must really have too much.

I also had half a small block of lovely organic stilton left from last night's flat mushrooms so put 2 and 2 together to come up with SOUP!

INGREDIENTS (This has made 4 Lucy sized servings - generous!)
400g long stemmed broccoli (any will work!)
200ml organic whole milk
50g stilton
50ml double cream
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 rashers of bacon, fried till crisp (optional for serving)
Extra cream & stilton, for serving

Simmer the broccoli for 30 mins or until nicely tender, you need to blitz it with a hand blender so it needs to be pretty soft.

Once cooked, take the pan off the heat and leave for 10 mins to cool.

Add the milk and stilton (crumble it in) and blitz with the hand blender.

Add the cream and season to taste.

I added the coconut flour to slightly thicken the soup.

If required, return to the heat to warm through.

Serve with a swirl of cream on top, some crumbles of cheese and the bacon, snipped over the top.

Delicious, hearty and perfect for a chilly afternoon like today!



No comments:

Post a Comment