Following Lucy & Ash on their journey from devoted 'sugar junkies' to coconut loving, photograph clicking, NSNG advocates!

Tuesday 25 March 2014

NSNG resources & further reading...

Over the past couple of weeks LOTS of friends have been asking us both about NSNG.. What is it? How do I do it? WHAT, I can't eat bread??! etc...

I think you need to be in the right frame of mind both mentally and physically in order to want to start introducing such big changes to your 'conventional diet' and it took us a good few weeks of reading and researching before the fateful day we swept our kitchen of all banished foods and embarked on this quite incredible journey.

I wanted to share the books and websites that we use, so you know where to start!

I just want to add that whilst it seems incredibly daunting, it really isn't. I am AMAZED that after just 2 weeks, I have had no cravings for sugar, bread, pasta or any of those other things that I love. That's not to say it won't happen, and I'm sure there will be a time when I do give into those temptations but many of the resources advocate an 80/20 lifestyle, meaning that once you're in the flow, the odd little 'naughty' food, will be OK. I don't like to say treat, as I'm finding that so many of the foods I am eating are what I would class as treats anyway!

FACEBOOK:

WEBSITES:

BOOKS:
  • Fitness Confidential - Vinnie Tortorich 
  • The Primal Blueprint - Mark Sisson
  • Paleo Primer - Keris Marsden & Matt Whitmore
  • Against All Grain - Danielle Walker
  • Grain Brain - David Perlmutter

* We are not paid or asked to promote any of these resources, they are generally the ones we love and the ones we are reading / read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment